Submitted: 05-12-2005 by frreed

Just got a new Pamlico at REI's Anniversary Sale. I was looking for a boat to fish out of and decided on the Pamlico because of price and the size of the cockpit. I've had it out twice now and it is a blast. Never been in a kayak before, so I was a bit nervous. Paddled in circles for about a minute and then took off and haven't looked back. It will serve my purposes well. I fly fish the rivers and lakes here in Texas and this boat is stable and maneuverable to get to where the fish are. The seat (Phase 3 lite) is tremendous. I've heard so many people talk about the poor tracking on a small boat. I'm having few problems getting from point A to point B in a straight line. I trust that with some time I'll get better. If first impressions are any indication I have made a great choice.