Submitted: 05-11-2005 by Mel C

Bought mine at K's merchandise for $399. I was excited at first because it was a 3-seater and knew that it would seat me, my partner and our son. We finally got it in the water and were terrified at how UNSTABLE the canoe is. I weigh about 175, my partner around 250 and our son 70 and even though we tried to distribute the weight as much as we can, the 2 heaviest people sitting on opposite ends of the canoe this boat "wiggled" so much in the water that I was afraid the entire 5 minutes all three of us were on it that we would all end up in the water. When the heaviest of the 3 finally decided that it just wasn’t worth it leaving the other 2 on the canoe it was much better. I now wished I waited and bought a much wider canoe. We've taken a canoe trip once before and the boat never felt that shaky but I'm betting it was probably because we had a wider boat. The boat does track pretty well but I'm tempted to either sell the canoe and get a wider one or buy stabilizers for it.