Submitted: 05-11-2005 by JB

So far, after a few lake outings and a few I/II river trips, I have been quite happy. Without being redundant to the other comments, it is a very stable canoe: I and the 6 year old can stand up to free a caught lure. It is not as maneuverable as a lighter canoe that is shorter and has a greater rocker but one trades this for stability. I wanted to added a motor for longer family lake outings but the standard motor mounts that attach under a gunwale won't work... expect to do a bit of simple engineering and a little drilling (on low speed so as to cut but not burn/melt the plastic). I have made a short incision along the gunwale to add rod holders and, in doing so, see no reason why one couldn't make 1/2" holes every 18-24" to lose water faster when draining (maybe this would lose 1-2 lbs also). I can load it on a Cherokee by myself but it is work... if I would have been working out reg., maybe a bit easier but, the pt. is that it is doable. In summary, a great all purpose boat that is quite stable. My second choice was the MadRiver Adv 16 and I think this is much more durable and not as 'cheap plastic' looking.