Submitted: 05-09-2005 by sitontop

I am the president of a large kayaking club here in Charleston, SC. I just recently purchased the T16.0 Enlightened kayak and have had more compliments and interest in this kayak than I have seen in any other kayak of it's class. I am a large paddler (6'1" 220 lbs) and have no problem entering or exiting the cockpit. The boat is very stable and tracks very well and is very maneuverable in tight spaces. I recently paddled it in a swamp area and have so called "christened" it by running over a couple of submerged cypress knee stumps of which I cringed a little but noted no damage what-so-ever. Not only is the duralite thermomolded plastic light and durable, it looks like the more expensive glass boats that you would pay considerably alot more for. Mike had thoroughly thought out the design of the kayak's deck, in that it has everything that you would want or need from deck rigging to outrigger and paddle placement molds. My overall impression of the T16.0 Enlightened kayak is... OUTSTANDING!