Submitted: 05-09-2005 by canuesc

Well I finally got a new light touring kayak. I have paddled a lot of boats and the new Pisgah was perfect for me. I wanted a predictable and efficient kayak. I was not as concerned with top speed or extreme sea conditions handling. I use this boat on protected coastal estuaries for day and weekend camping. I do a lot of photography as well.

I love the seat, it is really comfortable. I can sit in it all day no problem. I also like the really tight hatch covers. I have found I need to put 303 on them to make them easier to operate but small price to pay for the extra water tight seal. I also like the location of the seat back adjustment. It is easy to get to while paddling because it is in front of you.

I have paddled about 30 miles in the kayak so far. I have found it easy to paddle and it tracks well. I have gone once about 15 miles on a wide river and the second time out in the coastal area. It was fairly windy and the boat had no problem holding it's coarse. I also had some minor waves that we're no problem. I am looking forward to a full week end trip coming up soon in the kayak so I can see how it handles loaded.

All in a great kayak. I think Liquid Logic hit the nail on the head with this one. Definitely one of the best light touring kayaks out there for beginner/intermediate paddlers.