Submitted: 05-09-2005 by kayakpaul

Have had the Rush out on the lakes every day for a minimum of 45 minutes each day. I have a small car and it is very easy to lift up and place on the roof (I use the foam blocks and straps).

This boat is no greyhound but it moves well, tracking is a good two to three inches sway with each paddle but a lot of that might be my inexperience. This boat has a small cockpit compared to some and I got the half spray skirt and upgraded seat on sale (never felt a drop on my legs yet and I have been in some rough wind driven water). You feel very secure in this boat and as another reviewer mentioned, it might tilt a bit but it does not go over easily at all and believe me I have tried trying to learn how to roll.

Essentially this boat has replaced the gym as it accomplishes a very solid aerobic workout (use the foot pegs and brace etc) and it provides that wonderful peace of mind being out where no one can bother you (assuming you are smart enough to leave your cell phone in the car…or at least off).

Arrive home from work, and the boat is on the car within five minutes and within 15 minutes I am lowering the boat into the water...best sleep in years and no need to kick the dog anymore. Great beginner or intermediary boat, highly recommended. Obvious difference in tracking (better), and accessories over the otter which is still a great beginner boat but about $100 less.