Submitted: 05-02-2005 by DesertDave
I recently obtained a Nantucket with rudder by cashing in credit card miles. It was the only choice offered by the card company.

I have had to repair both control cables, as the crimped connections popped loose, one as I was setting it up at home, and the second as I first put it in the water.

My first use was therefore without benefit of foot pegs or rudder, and that, combined with my lack of paddling skill, made the tracking reminiscent of paddling an inner tube!

Yesterday I was in it for about six hours. It tracks great with the rudder in the water, less so with it out of the water. It seems to be exceptionally stable, much more so than the craft used by the firm I took instruction from a few weeks ago. I exited and reentered several times for lunch and bio breaks, at either docks or up feeder creeks on the lake I was on, and the stability made me look as if I knew what I was doing.

I think this yak will be ideal for lake and bay/estuary travel.