Submitted: 05-02-2005 by canuesc

Awesome boat. If you paddle narrow quietwaters and want the look and seaworthiness of a touring kayak the palmetto is great. It is highly agile and will comfortably seat a big paddler up to 250lbs.

I find a weekends worth of gear fits with no problem, thanks to the fact that Hurricane finally put some real hatches on it. The thin bulkheads are also nice because they maximize space in the biggest part of the boats storage area.

I have found the kayak to be steady and predictable on the water. Some might not think it to be fast enough, because it hits its hull speed quick. It is however efficient and requires minimal effort to keep it moving.

I think it is the best small plastic kayak I have seen yet for day/weekend paddling on protected waters.

The only real special outfitting I have done to mine is heel pads and an endurance seat pad system from sea air sports. I am kind of a fanatic on comfort every kayak I get, is immediately upgraded.