Submitted: 04-27-2005 by mdk1812
Bending Branches Infusion Glass, from Rutabaga....Great paddle from two great companies!

After using my standard Harmony paddle for a couple of years, and getting out-paddled by my buddy who has the same kayak but a different paddle, a decided shop around for an upgrade. I visited countless sites, and read tons of reviews, and decided to on the Bending Branches Infusion Glass (G) paddle. I was looking for a highly rated paddle with a lighter shaft than my aluminum paddle, and this one was by far the best price, at @$100. I called up Rutabaga, who does Bending Branches online sales, and asked about the paddle, particularly about getting the paddle with the smaller diameter shaft. They gave me the phone number for Bending Branches....when I called I got the guy who runs the company after one ring (not some answering system), and got a lot of good information. They custom built my paddle and had it in my hands within a week!

The paddle performs superbly! Light, good speed, and I love the warm, smaller (diameter) shaft. Thanks to Rutabaga.com and Bending Branches for an exceptional buying experience!