Submitted: 12-22-1999 by Mark

This is a fine kayak, if it is used for the purpose that it is designed for. It is a Tandem kayak. The kayak is built out of polyethylene. It is 12'6" long by 36" wide. I bought mine to take my wife out on the lake. My wife is afraid of open water. This kayak was the only way to get here out on the lake. Now she takes my daughter and a grand child out with her. It has opened up a new world for her. At 36" wide, it is very stable.I doubt that you could tip it over even if you wanted to. I have surfed it, with my daughter, in pretty big surf . The big surf took all of the size out of the kayak. It was a lot of fun, but I will stick solo with our XL from now on in the surf. A single paddler can paddle the Tandem. But, at it's size, it is too big to have much fun by yourself. If you are a family that wants to paddle together as a tandem, and you don't want a closed deck kayak this is it.

Sealline: