Submitted: 04-25-2005 by wb8tsv

I've had this boat for 2 years and it's just right for my interest and skill level. I purchased the boat, two paddles, two PFDs, and a set of foam blocks/straps for cartopping from Dick's for about $500. It's a good value.

On the plus side - good stability, handles well, it's very tough and durable, quality is excellent. Capacity is very good, I've taken 2 people of 220+ lbs with me on river trips comfortably - combined weight of probably 650 lbs, although we were riding a little low in the water.

On the minus side - It's heavy and hard to get on top of my Explorer by myself. I built a dolly and bought a Fulton canoe loader from Bass Pro Shops and now moving and loading by myself is no problem. The other negative is that the front seat should be moved back a bit. It's very cramped with little leg room in the front. Also a middle seat would be nice, but when we take our 6 year old daughter along we set a low beach chair in the middle for her. It works great.

All in all, this is an excellent boat for the money. Much better than the aluminum canoes I grew up with.