Submitted: 04-25-2005 by crabtrap

Just bought the Mainstream Kingfisher and have had it out on a few trips. The boat is extremely stable and I feel quite safe in it. I'm 6'1" x #240 and am probably as large a person as this craft can handle. I fill up the seating area and my knees are slightly bent using the last foot holds. It is fast enough as I fish more than I paddle. Plenty of storage, although I'd like to install a deck plate diddy bag to hold my valuables.

The rod holders are useless for trolling, so add-on holders are a must. You'll also need an anchor and/or drift sock to control the boat while fishing. I enjoy the lighter weight (as compared to the t120 or drifter) when loading and transporting the yak. Overall, I'm pleased with the boat and would recommend it to those looking to get into yak fishing and not break the bank.

PS-a decent paddle goes a longgggg way on how a yak goes, so spend the extra money you saved from not buying the WC/OK boat and get a good $100 paddle. Keep it if you upgrade.