Submitted: 12-20-1999 by EG

I tried one as a demo and drew the following conclusions: Good outfitting (Seat is comfy and there is room for big feet - size 12s). Folks over 6'2" with long legs are going to be cramped with no meaningful leg movement possible (short boats and play boats are not famous for this anyway so let's get over that). This boat has an odd habit I found hard to overcome in 3 hours of paddling. That being that it likes to put the paddler underwater! Looking at the hull it seems it would have good stability. No flat deck or 'trippy' chines. I think the rounded nature of the bottom is the culprit. I normally paddle an Animas and was mortified to find my self rolling the boat every few minutes. I also have a Prijon Tornado and have found it is very stable -- it does have more of a flatter bottom contour though. Prijon plastic can't be beat for durability -- it is awesome. Thinner yes, but incredibly durable. This is not a 'casual' boat -- it demands constant attention to balance. If you are a big beginner or intermediate I would not recommend it. Try an RPM Max if you must go sub 10' (there are other good boats out there) -- you won't have to hold your breath so much. Best wishes and see you on the river.