Submitted: 04-19-2005 by GC

Great boat and great service. As a beginning paddler I was looking for a stable platform that I could take into the open ocean and feel comfortable casting and reeling in from, hopefully with a yellowtail on. I tried a few and it came down between the Wilderness Systems 160 and the Explorer.

Customer service at Malibu's Sunset Beach location (Corey) sold the deal without regrets. Sure, the Explorer is a slower boat but primary stability is amazing (my main purpose). Corey took care of me and then some during the purchase and upgraded me after HE found a flaw in the used boat I was to purchase. Cool cat and he drinks Sierra Nevada, bring him some.

In the water the boat handles chop and wakes at angles I would normally be uncomfortable with. I'm able to jungle gym the boat on the water without issue. It won't beat my friend's flat bottom by any stretch, but it goes fast enough for me to enjoy the day and get plenty of miles in.

As I was launching yesterday I ran into a nice couple who had two X-Factors and they had exactly the same story about Malibu and Corey. Quality stuff and people.

Pelican Intl.: