Submitted: 04-12-2005 by JHG

Don't buy one of these. I bought one upon the recommendation of a friend. I live in a gated community with a private lake and simply wanted a way for my wife and family to enjoy the water.

I traveled 65 miles (one way) to the closest Dick's Sporting Goods to get in on this "great deal".

I spent almost an hour trying to attach the handles (step one), but with the shoddy manufacturing, there was simply no way to get all of the necessary holes and hardware to line up properly. After pondering the 130 mile round trip to Dick's Sporting Goods it would take to recover my money, I cut the boat in half, threw it in the back of my pickup, and took it where it belonged--the dump.

Unfortunately, I can't comment on this boat's performance on the water since I never got to use it.

The moral of the story is this--while it isn't always necessary to buy the absolute best product available in order to have something that will suit your needs, never buy the cheapest thing available.

Suspenz: