Submitted: 04-09-2005 by toltec

I bought a used Courier in 1989 and my first solo trip was section 3 of the Chatooga (didn't swim once). This boat has been down sections 3 and 4 of the Chatooga many times, as well as the Ocoee, Nantahala, the Arkansas and Colorado rivers in Colorado, the salmon in Idaho. Also the copper river in Alaska and the Yukon , Stewart , and McQuesten in the Yukon and others too numerous to mention from Georgia to Alaska. It rocked on all these rivers - anyone who says it is not suitable for the Chatooga must not know how to paddle. Great boat to learn in and to keep learning in after 16 years. It can handle class 5 WW or take me and my girlfriend and 50 lb dog and camping gear down class 2-3. Great boat - I wouldn't trade it for any other boat out there as an all around canoe. It does suck on flat water.