Submitted: 04-09-2005 by J.D.

Well let me start with the order process. The very first step is that you talk to Pat...you know the owner/builder. He takes a lot of time up front to feel out exactly what you are looking for, your size, what type of boat you paddle, etc. etc. Pat had made the paddle on schedule, maybe even a little ahead as I recall but UPS destroyed the paddle something awful!! Broke it in 3 places. When I called Pat to let him know of the massacre he was very apologetic (no need to be as the paddle was pretty well packaged by him) and was going to build another one right away. Here is where it gets interesting. Pat did not ship the next one. He HAND DELIVERED IT! I'm not saying that this will happen if you live in New York but I live in Newport CA some 45 miles away from his shop. See if any other paddle company is willing to do that to ensure a safe delivery. As for the quality I haven't managed to break it yet. And it has been through the ringer with my 3 year old. Oh yeah, it paddles well too.

Harken Hoister: