Submitted: 04-03-2005 by DGW
I recently submitted a review for a Current Designs fiberglass Solstice GT HV XL kayak. I had found a few problems with it. I didn't feel comfortable in keeping this boat and wanted to return it. However I did mention that I felt strongly enough about the Solstice's attributes, that I would still want to own a new Solstice despite the problems that I discovered with the first one. I went to Rutabaga not knowing what to expect. I went to the store and had the store rep., come out and examine the boat, and they apologized and went out of their way to refit me into another Solstice kayak. I cannot say enough good things about Rutabaga's costumer service. I would highly recommend checking out your next kayak at the Rutabaga paddling shop.

I inspected this new kayak very carefully and found it to be in perfect shape and one to be very proud of. I am looking forward to paddling this kayak in my favorite waters. With this new boat I have to readjust my rating of the kayak. I am familiar with it's handling, and now have a new kayak that I am proud of and I can't help but give the Solstice a "10". :)