Submitted: 03-28-2005 by Ron

I've waited, and used this kayak for a season to get a handle on its qualities, to give an opinion. I've found the Poseidon to be up to the task for anything I could possibly ask of it. I'm an intermediate paddler in the 210 lb range. Loaded for the weekend itís as stable a ship as anyone could ask, loaded, I've taken on 4 foot seas on Lake Superior, empty it makes a great play boat on any of the local lakes here in the Minneapolis area. Itís a good weekend boat, I don't think I could squeeze in a weeks worth of gear. But to be honest.. I don't have a backpacker's mentality, so you can take that for what its worth. It's not a fast boat, at 16 ft you paddle hard to keep up with most other boats in the same class, if I was to make a choice today I'd more than likely opt for the explorer version from NDK. Thatís not to detract from the Poseidon, but my own interest in a boat with more capacity, and speed.