Submitted: 03-24-2005 by garcreek

This is the best all around canoe on the market today. It paddles great solo, tandem, loaded down, and is some whitewater. It has just enough rocker to really make it handle in up to class 3 rapids. The best place for this boat in in the hilly parts of the country especially the southeast.

The only slight problem that I see is on long, flatwater trips on lakes. It really gets about a 7 on a scale of 1-10 on the flatwater and that is why it is not a 10 overall. It really is a 10 for 90% of people. I guess that you can't have it all.

At $1099 MSRP for the Royalex lay-up, I think it is the best value on the market. I have had mine for 2 years now and I use it so much that it has paid for itself already and I still have a lifetime to use it.

You can mark my words that the Prospector 15', 16', and 17' will be talked about years down the road as being some of the best boats ever. I suggest that you go out and get one ASAP so that you can be as happy as I am.

I could go on and on about this boat and I really mean it.