Submitted: 03-16-2005 by bowfin

Great kayak. I bought a 120 with the angler package from the classifieds on here. i took i took on a very windy day (it started off calm) paddling against 2 ft chop and it tracked straight and efficiently. Not as fast as my Necky Dolphin, but almost. Plenty of room for my fishing gear. The kayak is very stable and I am glad I have the phase 3 seat instead of the phase 3 light of the new Pamlicos. The Phase 3 has an adjustable back for height as well as forward and back. The kayak is easy to handle and load. It also balances very nicely on your shoulder for carry if you shoulder it by the seat coaming.

It does sit a bit low in the water from the seat on back, but I weigh 275 plus my fishing gear, so I'm not complaining. The only time I took on a little water was when I went sideways in to the trough of a wave and it broke over the top of the gunnels/coaming. When I am in the yak the water line is probably six inches below the cockpit coaming. I can still easily lean it over until the water is at the cockpit and hold it there, even thought he boat is designed for initial stability. It turns very well yet tracks straight, which is a hard balance to achieve.

I was going to purchase a rudder kit, but after paddling it, there is no need. About the only thing I will add is an additional rod holder behind the seat.

Ostrom Outdoors: