Submitted: 03-16-2005 by dsimons1948
I bought BlackGold Wildfire several years back and really love this boat. I find the boat is quick for a 14' boat, easy to turn, predictable stability and has reasonable tracking or at least is easy to keep on line, this boat responds to a paddle well. I have paddled this boat from small lakes to class II rivers.

I have had canoes from the shorter, rockered, whitewater canoes to the long, slender, straight keel line, performance-oriented hull canoes and find the Wildfire to be a very versatile canoe. The canoe’s secondary stability is probably most notable, it heels well and firms up nicely on edge. I kneel when paddling and the Wildfire seems to be designed for that.

Since I purchased the BG Wildfire I have purchased a Royalex version of the Wildfire, now called the Yellowstone Solo, and have also purchased a Yellowstone tandem. The two Royalex boats are now my river boats and the BG is just a pleasure to paddle and have used it in an attempt to learn Freestyle paddling.