Submitted: 03-15-2005 by BigJosh

I purchased my 16.6 Prospector (Kevlar) Holy Cow Canoe on ebay last year, as a discounted factory second canoe and had it shipped to me. I was impressed when it arrived, it looked like a great canoe, and I was not able to detect any flaw in it.

I have owned several canoes in the past and really only purchased this because it was a great deal, and I wanted something lighter for tripping and camping. Once I finally did paddle it, I was very impressed with how stable it was, and how well it performed. It tracked straight, and was able to handle waves (and wind) quite easily, and it was very light and easy to maneuver for the most part. It did take a bit of effort to turn when I was by myself. But I did buy it to be a family canoe for camping and tripping.

It is incredibly light weight (52lbs) and I have owned a couple of Kevlar canoes before that claimed to be light, but nothing quite this light weight considering the size.

Overall, this canoe far exceeded my expectations and I would recommend my Holy Cow canoe to anyone looking for a great all around canoe.

MTI Adventurewear: