Submitted: 03-10-2005 by jeepguy2

I have owned the boat for two years, and although I rated it pretty high when I first got it. The Pungo 140 does have its faults. If it gets swamped the bow SINKS. There is a chunk of foam up there but NOT ENOUGH o float the bow. I was out playing in the surf on the bay when one of last summer's hurricanes passed by and rolled the boat over. It was a good thing I was only in chest deep water because my only option was to drag the swamped the boat to shore and dump the water out. You can't sit on the rear deck and pump it out because the front of the cockpit will be submerged. Granted I was using this boat for surfing which is not what it was made for, but this boat definitely needs a front bulkhead. The wake from a big cabin cruiser could do the same thing. Overall great boat for lakes and rivers but don't take it out where the water is too deep to walk to shore if you capsize, because you WILL NOT be able to re-enter this boat if it gets swamped. Float bags are a really GOOD idea!

New York Kayak Co.: