Submitted: 03-10-2005 by liquidsoul

First off, thanks to everyone for the reviews. I went over every single one, over and over! I took my new Blackwater out for the first time last weekend, and I must say that I'm very impressed. I was dealing with gusts up to 40 mph, so it was interesting. The drop down skeg is awesome! I believe that this makes the Blackwater the most versatile rec boat out there, which was exactly what I was looking for.

With the skeg up, the boat turns very easily, and quick. I was most pleased with the speed of the boat. I really wasn't expecting it to be fast, but it did exceed my expectations, especially straight into the headwind. I'm anxious to get it in some faster water to see what kind of performance it puts out, but by my judgments so far, it will be good.

I only have one complaint. I'm, about 6'1, 180 with a 34 jean length and a size 12 shoe. My feet were cramped. This provided some tension around my hips and outer thighs. Without my shoes on, the foot braces were perfect and I was very comfortable.

Overall, I really couldn't be happier! I think I will have this boat for a long time, and be very satisfied.

-I have tried out similar products of rec. boat design by Perception, Old Town, and Liquidlogic. The Blackwater outperformed all of them, especially the OT and Perception.