Submitted: 03-08-2005 by edwards.d

I've had my Dagger Halifax 17 for a couple of seasons now and truly like the boat. My paddling includes rivers and open ocean and the Halifax is very stable with tons of storage. It is a fast boat and I have no trouble keeping up with my fellow paddlers in their fiberglass kayaks. The rudder has made me lazy. I don't do much corrective stroking but just wiggle my feet and rudder takes care of strong currents and windy conditions. A big advantage is that it's not a kayak you have to fuss over. Rocky beachings or launchings are not a concern. Then, of course, there's the weight. But with the correct outfitting, it's a minor concern that goes away as soon as you hit the wet. I have hully rollers and a stern cart that makes it easy to get onto the pickup and down to the beach. I use it as my workout boat as well as my expedition kayak so you know that it has to be easy to load and transport.