Submitted: 03-06-2005 by Scott

The Element is everything you could want in a non specific type boat, meaning you want class 3+ white water buy a WW boat, you want long distance travel/tracking get a 15 foot narrow touring kayak.

That being said I have had my Eley now for about a year and have paddled it ALOT and am very happy with the way it has treated me!!!

It's gone the distance on Lake Powell and handled the monster barge boat wakes there with comfort. I paddle it weekly on a local lake near where I live, It does tend to drift with a strong breeze but its easy to deal with that, I've even used it several times on a few Class 2 narrow rock filled streams near Denver where I live, and I did quite well on the rivers in northern Arkansas too. It turns on a dime and leaves you change with a little muscle power will catch an eddy quite well ferryís nicely and much to my surprise it will even surf on the small waves, just donít pretend itís a white water boat!!!

My only complaint is that Dagger needs to put in thigh braces but I made do by using hip pads as knee rests to lock my knees under the combing.

If youíre looking for a fun messing around on all types of water the Element 11.2 is for you.

Swift Canoe & Kayak: