Submitted: 03-02-2005 by Don

I have had my Kaliste bent shaft carbon fiber paddle for a year and have paddled about 300 miles with it.

I upgraded from a Werner Mid Tour fiberglass paddle. The first time I used the Kaliste, I wasn't so sure that the money I spent for the thing was worth it. The blade did not feel like it got as much "bite" as the Mid Tour and the bent shaft felt somewhat awkward at fist. By the second or third time out and putting in 10-15 miles on each outing, I was aware of diminished wrist and shoulder fatigue with no decrease in performance. I can now say without reserve that the paddle was worth every penny and I would never go back to my old paddle.

I paddle with this paddle all day long with no fatigue and no pain. I have the two piece paddle and I love the way it goes together and comes apart, with numerous feathering positions. It is so slick words just don't do it justice. I do not consider myself an expert by any stretch of the imagination, but in my limited experience, I would highly recommend this paddle.

OS Systems: