Submitted: 03-01-2005 by Dusty

This is a great rack! I use the Trac Rac on my Toyota Tacoma for carrying everything from a friend's canoe to ladders to lumber. After a year, it's been hassle-free.

Although they advertise the Trac Rac as being easy to remove, that isn't quite the case. It takes a few minutes even with the right tools. I use a socket wrench in a ratchet which makes it a bit quicker, but don't plan on removing these puppies on a whim. As it is, the bolts make them harder to steal, which was one of my initial concerns.

About the only thing I don't like (the 9 instead of 10) is the hit you take in gas mileage. I figure on my truck it's about 4 or 5%, mostly from increased wind resistance and not weight. It seems to me they could change the shapes of their extrusions to make improvements in this area, but what do I know - I'm not an aerodynamics engineer.

BTW, I got mine new on Ebay for $350. Buy them, you won't be sorry!

BassYaks: