Submitted: 12-07-1999 by BRENT MACINTOSH

I have had my Necky Dolphin for about 4 years and I love it. I have used it in the ocean, lakes, rivers, Baja, etc. It is not as fast as my wife's scupper pro, but there is just something about it that feels right to me. I have the rudder, which I only use in very windy or larger wave conditions. This boat tracks well, is maneuverable, carries enough gear for a few days, and I just love the way it handles. The upswept bow rides over waves very well and I stay relatively dry for a sit on top. One other reviewer said it was tippy, but I haven't had that experience at all. I have found it to be stable in all conditions that I have encountered. The hatches are a better design than most sit on tops also. I would like to see Necky build a slightly longer, faster version. Then I would be in true sit on top heaven.