Submitted: 02-26-2005 by thebreeze

Since 1991 I've been paddling the Sea Winds in the U.S. and Canada. Verlen understood the need to make a canoe that was tough and I can say it is tough. For expedition paddling there is none that can take the every day use in all kinds of conditions that this canoe can and at the end of the day you never have to worry about it. I have seen these canoes dropped, dragged, fall of cars and canoe trailer, folded in half and still sea worthy. Yes they fold in half and spring back into shape with only stress cracks in the kevlar. You can sail them, catamaran them, portage them with ease, paddle them with good speed hour after hour. Their is no other canoe that can do it the way Verlens canoes does for the long haul that I am aware of and if you know of one I would like to try it out.

The Kruger Cruiser is the two person version and is the most stable canoe I've ever been in and it is fast. It will hold all the gear that two people would ever wanna take with room left over with comfort. I have been paddling canoes for 40 years now and since 1991 with Verlen canoes it changed my way of thinking "with his help" about paddling and canoe trips. These canoes are as good as they get if you really like feeling secure, 'IT DON'T GET ANY BETTER THEN THIS.'

Paddle On!