Submitted: 02-25-2005 by Malone

I am not an expert paddler nor have I explored many different models of kayaks but I have been paddling my Kodiak for a year now and would like to endorse the Kodiak as an excellent performer.

The most often comment I receive is "that is a fast boat". And I would agree. I am not an athletic paddler but I have no problem keeping up with others or I end up in front of the pack. The Kodiak just seems to glide further than other boats with every stroke. I paddle less often and with less effort.

Stability is not an issue with any reasonable usage. Storage is voluminous. And the quality of the fit and finish is great.

I have not tried rolling and I suppose there are some details I would change but there is no doubt in my mind that I bought the right boat for me. I am 74 inches tall and weight 240 lbs. I have paddled the Buffalo River from Ponca to Hasty, the Little Buffalo from Jasper to Hasty and the Missouri River from Fort Benning to Kipps Landing. The Kodiak is built for expedition kayak camping.

If you are considering this kind of kayak I strongly urge you to check out the Kodiak.