Submitted: 12-07-1999 by Tig

I've been borrowing my dad's Swifty 3.1 for a few months now, and like it's lightweight and small size for hauling around in the truck. He's retired and likes the price and how it fits in his Astrovan. He will buy a second one soon.

It is a great little yak for the kids to learn in. It doesn't track very well, but has great maneuverability. I use it for saltwater fishing in the Galveston Bay system. It runs so shallow, I rarely have to get out and portage it over reefs at low tide. It works fine for my style of artificial lure plugging in the winter (No room for ice chest or live bait well). I stay dryer than if on a sit-on style yak, but during warmer water times, a sit on would allow easy climb-in and outs. Overall a nice boat for the whole family and anyone who is small-framed, since it's so easy to move on dry land.