Submitted: 02-23-2005 by PALLETACE
This review is coming from a 300 pound ex-semi pro football player, this boat holds me and I am very comfortable except for my knees which have no cartilage left but the addition of some knee pads (the gel type) solved that problem. Hopefully I can leave some of those pounds on the water. With the bow compartment empty it does bounce when hit by waves but with the camping gear stowed in there I actually think it tracks better. My wife and I bought a pair of these at Mountainman in Old Forge NY on September 20 last year and did not put them away till mid November hitting several Adirondack lakes and rivers. The rudders are awesome we paddled 5-6 miles up the Moose River and coasted back with very little paddling. Portages are quite easy with or without wheels, the seat has an air pump and is quite comfortable even on longer trips. This is a great kayak to start out with for anybody.