Submitted: 02-21-2005 by Derek

Bought the boat in Feb 04. It is Royalex 17'. This is the only Sundowner they make now I think. When we picked the boat up the guy at the shop questioned why we had bought such an instable boat. We have since paddled it mostly on Class II water with a 3 and 4 year old (12 full days of paddling). The very first time in the boat was the closest they came to sending us on a fish count. Secondary Stability will save you as long as you donít bail out before you get there :) We have liked the boat a lot. It is fast. One drawback is that it is narrow and so packs with hip belts donít fit in well. It is tight with children and gear for overnighters. A wider boat may give you more room in that regard. I read a lot of reviews that describe it as unstable. It is lively, but my kids bounce all over the place and we have not tipped yet....although we tell them to sit on their butts in the "bumpy water". Although I was initially concerned it would be too unstable for our family, we have enjoyed the boat and it is fast enough to get us to the next campsite quickly when the kiddos start throwing a fit.