Submitted: 02-21-2005 by jn

Overall a great kayak. Not super fast. Workmanship is what you would expect for the price, very good. People complain that the cockpit is too narrow but I'd guess THEY are just too wide. At 6'0" 170 lbs, 33 inch inseam, it fits me like a glove. This cockpit can easily handle a 6' person (legs fully extended), maybe even up to 6'3". Very comfortable. I can see how the hatches might leak even though I just do lakes. VERY stable, they could easily make it an inch or two skinnier. My only complaint is that it should track straighter if they are going to promote it as a touring kayak. IMO, almost all kayaks need a more distinct keel line. I couldn't care less about turning on a dime. If this boat were 16-17 feet long and an inch or two skinnier it would really be a touring SOT. In any case it was definitely worth what I paid for it. Comfortable, attractive, stable and fairly light.