Submitted: 02-17-2005 by J. McElhiney

My Prijon Seagull was stolen last fall 04. So with my insurance money, I bought this new Airalite 17'. I love it! I stripped it of the factory stickers and re-painted it to custom colours. It handles like a dream in rough choppy water and big white caps. It handles great in wind too with minimal weather cocking. I used it only 3x -all unloaded each time. I cannot wait to load it up with camping gear so it's even more stable. I recommend everyone at least trying a demo of this boat. For the price, $2000 USD, it's a steal of deal!

Oh yeah the seat support is the best I have ever seen even when compared to $3500 kevlar boats! The knee braces are just right. They allow for an easy exit and easy entry, but also allow for great solid knee support rolling practice!

The hatches are receded which is great. I have noticed some water leakage through the inside neo covers, but that's only doing rolling practices and very rough big choppy seas.

The deck rigging is perfect and is plentiful- could not ask for more. The boat even has a great towing clip! I have yet to use the rudder, so I cannot comment on that yet.

My overall advice- buy one. This is well made and reasonably priced boat. I am 5'10" and 174 lbs.