Submitted: 02-10-2005 by souhami
Tandem Hybrid. It has small seat for child up 90lbs up front. This my 4th sit-on-top purchase. My first Ocean Kayak. I was considering the WS Tarpon 130T. Then I saw this new kayak at the local shop here in Austin. It was perfect for my needs and about $120.00 less than the Tarpon 130T. It also comes with 2 seats. On the water paddling solo, tracks well easy to turn very responsive. Comfortable very dry seating, the first SOT I came out of with out a wet butt. I am 6' 240lbs. Next with passenger, my wife 114 lbs (a bit more than suggested). Still tracked well a bit more effort turning. Still very dry for both of us. I bought it in order to take my grandson about 50lbs now. I love this kayak. I think they have got a winner. I gave it a 9 because there is a bit of hull slap in a moderate chop. I was told this is common for Ocean Kayaks with tri-hull design. Also, it has some nice extra features. Large well with Bungee cords in back small hatch for main paddler. The small seat can be position facing either way. I am sure my grandson will like that. Also great fishing platform for solo paddler lots of room for gear front and back.