Submitted: 02-08-2005 by grayhawk
I totally disregard any review based on a quick demo or even the first month of ownership. But that is what I am doing and hereís why. I recently won a Current Designs Kestrel 120 in poly. I planned to sell this boat as I have five other sea kayaks and this little one didnít fit my needs.

I decided to at least paddle it once before putting it up for sale. I carefully launched it from my home in the Florida Keys and within 10 minutes I knew it was a keeper. There is a large mangrove flats area adjacent to me that I frequently take short paddles and this little boat paddled effortlessly and in the shallow water was as fast as the long boats and much more maneuverable. The Kestrel is now my main boat for playing in the mangroves.

This is Current Designs smallest boat. Itís made of high-grade poly and shares itís deck rigging, including reflective perimeter lines, with its big brothers. I feel this a very capable boat for light to moderate conditions. I will use my sea kayaks for those long open water crossings, but this is a fun quality backwater boat. As previous written, it is the class in its class...