Submitted: 02-02-2005 by dwaugh

I have had my Tracer for about nine months. Its fit and finish is great. I had a Caroline 14.5 for several years and the Tracer seemed a little tender in comparison but you get use to that. I have the skeg version and the tracking is good but not great, but that may be my style . . . The more I am in it the less the problems I have. The hatches are watertight but the storage in front seems a bit small. The cockpit is comfortable and there is plenty of leg and foot room for tall people with big feet.

The Trylon (thermoform) plastic is great looking, strong, and LIGHT. I have a bad shoulder and can still get the boat in the roof racks by myself. I can not say enough good things about Trylon.

If I had it to do over again I would still buy it . . . best investment I have made for a while.

DANGER, DANGER, DANGER, WILL ROBINSON. (Used boat caution)

If you are thinking of a used Tracer make sure it has a skeg or rudder. The first boats that were built (prototypes?) had no skeg, no rudder and more rocker. You really had to concentrate and have excellent paddling skills to keep from going large in circles.