Submitted: 01-27-2005 by SW

I've had my T-1 for a year and am overjoyed by what a good investment it turned out to be. No, this paddle is not the best looker on the fleet and on first impression it may appear cheap in quality. A more sophisticated eye, however, will discover an elegant and simple design that performs extremely well. My detractors usually go silent as soon as they hold the paddle in their hands and discover how light it is--paddle weight is a huge factor in wear and tear of the paddler. Performance-wise it doesn't strain the body and paddles very well. Mine is set-up for two length variations; one short for maneuverability and choppy seas and one long for a comfortable touring powerstroke--2 paddles for the price of one.

It is very tight (no wobble) and durable. The blade material is hard to scratch or damage unlike most paddles, and the blades are solid on the shaft. After a year it looks like new.

This paddle is a great value no matter how you slice it and anyone who spends more money on a paddle is doing it for appearances. The more I use it the more I like it. Give it a chance!