Submitted: 01-26-2005 by choire_dog

When I first demoed this canoe on flat water it was horrible. However, I could see that it was well made and designed for moving water so I took the plunge and parted with my money. After adding minicel foam knee pads and thigh straps I took it down some class 3. Wow! It was a changed character, it never missed a beat all day and was a total joy to crank in and out of eddies, and was fast onto the waves and surfed really sweet.

With 7 boats to choose from I reckon this will see more than its fair share of river time. It does what it says on the box, and with style.

Only 9 out of 10 because the gunwales are not reinforced with an alloy strip and deform when bolts are tightened. I use Old Town over sized super big washers which help, but really if the gunwales were as good as Wenonah ones the build quality of Nova Craft would then be second to none.

Thunder Bay Tourism: