Submitted: 01-25-2005 by redstree

I am very pleased with the Passage. I have had it for three years. I find it easy to paddle with good carry, or glide, for each stroke. The initial and secondary stability are very good allowing me to fish in salt water for stripers and blues. The straight line tracking is pretty good, I find, like one of the others, that mine has a tendency to curve to the left if I don't make some sort of correction, even on the glide it will curve to the left. Sometimes I will correct for the left curve by leaning the hull slightly left.

The cockpit is roomy enough to accommodate my 6'2" 250lb frame. The seat is very comfortable and the backrest is very supportive.

One of my only complaints is the apparent lack of buoyancy in the bow. Compared to a other kayaks that I have paddled this seems to take more water over the bow. It is helpful to have something in the forward bungee cords to help divert water away from the cockpit.

The hull seems incredibly rugged and flex free. Easy enough to carry over the beach to launch or put on a roof rack.