Submitted: 01-25-2005 by PGlassen

I will just add some initial impressions. I have only had my boat a little while having bought it in December, (second hand but like new, Kevlar ultralight but with a gelcoat for an estimated weight of 43lbs). After playing ice breaker through 30 meters of shore ice, I was kept off the lakes for a bit by a freeze uncharacteristic of coastal British Columbia (Vancouver Island). Today I confirmed with a GPS the speed that immediately impresses. I can't go as fast as one of the previous reviewers with a GPS but I am relatively new to paddling (one year) and no longer young (60years). However, in kilometers I found a cruise of 6.5km/h to 7.0km/h was not too difficult. I think I saw 8.0km/h or even 8.5km/h once or twice. In an hour and twenty minute paddle I covered 9.1 kilometers or just under 7.0 km/h average (4.2mph). Not bad for an old man! This speed and distance really encourages me to look forward to overnight camping trips this coming summer. Gulf Islands, here I come. Powell River, Bowron Lakes? Maybe even the Inside Passage to Alaska? The possibilities are limitless. Maybe I will report back later on seaworthiness. I already have float bags to install and will be looking into spray covers.