Submitted: 01-20-2005 by tumbl
I love this boat! I was initially looking for a mid to entry level boat that would let me have the best of both river and lake paddling....but soon realized after trying out a bunch that the Triton had everything I wanted. For a fiberglass boat its size, it's phenomenally light, thanks to the carbon fiber lining through most of the cockpit. I am 5'6" about 125 lbs, and was worried at first that this boat might be a bit too big for me to handle (and a little out of my price range). After trying out a number of boats, I found the hard chines made it very nice to maneuver, it tracked really well, and with an almost identical outfitting as the Tempest - with 2 large bulkheads and a smaller dayhatch, it made it worth the extra money. It also has a skeg, which I don't use too often, but I like knowing it's there. This most certainly is a boat that I can grow with for many years to come. I love it!