Submitted: 01-02-2005 by dharhigh1

I bought my Scanoe 2 years ago after a lot of research and reviews including the ones posted here. I paid $475 for it brand new. I've had a lot of boats in the past and I have to give this one a 10 for versatility. I've read a number of comments about how heavy it is, true it is heavy. I have bought a canoe cart ($ 80.) and I also have a small utility trailer that I easily converted to carry my Scanoe and I can still use my trailer to haul whatever when my boat is not in it. I like to pan fish and now have my boat decked out for fishing.

I have an electric 40lb thrust trolling motor in the back with the battery mounted in the front, anchormates forward and aft. I put 4 eyebolts in for the anchor rope so I can control both anchors from the back. I have mounted in the back on the rear tubular handle my Lowrance XR 51 fishfinder and my GPS unit. The rear seat came with rod holders that I just replaced with rod holders set up for trolling. Something else I found this summer that worked great was buying a couple of these cheap folding nylon seats that come in a storage back form Walmart for about $5. The type you use for picnics etc. These work great and are very comfortable, I can set one up in the back turned facing the back and sit in this with my feet up on the bench seat while I am trolling…awesome! Something else I found is steering it with a paddle while using the motor worked very well and limited my need to put my arm behind my back.

The idea of launching this boat into areas that do not have boat ramps is great not to mention not waiting to launch when a bass fishing club overwhelmed the boat launch. This boat is well worth the money when you compare it to other square back canoes.

I am looking forward to a lot years of fishing and enjoyment from this boat at a price that’s affordable.