Submitted: 12-28-2004 by Tom

I really love my Peregrine. Mine is kevlar with ash trim and 34 pounds - and strong. Great dog boat...a bit more room than the Merlin II. A bit faster and more efficient than a Merlin II. The Peregrine has "longer legs" than other solos and just goes farther on each stroke - more easily. The Peregrine is really a lake boat (and great fun for lake paddles on either calm or windy days...great boat for driving across a windy lake), but also works fine for my kind of easy river work. It turns well...it cooperates and is always stable but it does not spin freely like a Wildfire. On calm water you can lean it to the rail and spin it within its own length...but more slowly than a Wildfire. My Bell Merlin II gets the most use of all my boats but the Peregrine is the one that beats the Merlin at its own game....seductively fast and efficient - and versatile.