Submitted: 12-27-2004 by Big_D
I had one customized to two lengths and offsets. One length/offset combination oriented to aggressive paddling up-current or when tight control is needed, and another for laid-back easy cruising. I don't have many trips in with this paddle, but I'm completely pleased with what I've done. On one of the trips, three paddles of thirteen boaters were broken on the same rapids. No worries with the Pacific Designs. On another paddle that had LOTS of skinny water and I had a spare paddle, I used the darn thing essentially as a pole to push me through gravel bars. Yes, I recognize that's abuse. No, I wouldn't have expected Pacific Designs to have stood behind that abuse. There was no need anyway. I wanted to have comfort that the product was strong. It's strong.

I can't recommend the paddle highly enough. I gave it a nine, because I notice slight wobble when I accelerate rapidly in a largish boat. The light weight is wonderful. If you're one of those folks who have concerns about the weight of your paddle and aren't going into whitewater as a destination of your paddling, get a Pacific Designs paddle. You'll be glad you did.