Submitted: 12-27-2004 by SLF

I have owned a carbon-fiber Endurance 18 for about 6 months and I have found it to be a joy to paddle. It is very fast, stable and handles rough water better than any other boat that I have owned, including my Current Designs Squall. I am amazed at how easy it is to turn, especially when compared to the somewhat shorter Squall. The black hull, with red markings at the bow and stern, is very attractive and frequently generates compliments from other paddlers. At 39 pounds the Endurance is easy to carry around and cartop. The only modifications that I have made to it are a Yakpad for the plastic bucket seat and a wider and longer rudder blade (SmartTrack's "Tandem Blade") to improve tracking in following seas. I recommend this boat to anyone who has a "need for speed" on the water.