Submitted: 12-19-2004 by dougmyersjr

I purchased my QCC500 in September, 2002, and have been very pleased with her. She easily handles my 6'1", 260 pound frame and has tons of storage room. This past Columbus Day weekend my wife and I were paddling in Maine with friends when I had a bit of a mishap. I was getting ready to exit my boat when, after laying my paddle across the rear of the cockpit to boost myself out, I heard a loud crack. Turns out I had cracked the deck! I was a bit stymied by this and took a few digital photos of the crack before duct-tapping the deck so I could continue to paddle. A few days later I sent the photos to QCC, asking for their advice. They responded the next day...they were putting an order in for a replacement boat! My new boat arrived this week and I have returned the old one, using the same packing material. They had even supplied a pre-printed Bill of Lading and labels...all I needed to do was to call the trucker for pickup. The new boat (they allowed me to choose new colors) is just lovely and arrived in perfect condition. My hat is off to the kind folks at QCC. I would never have imagined that, after 2-1/2 years of use, any manufacturer would have done what they did. No haggling, no argument! When these folks say that they have a lifetime satisfaction warranty, they really do mean that. Thank you, QCC, for service beyond my expectations.